The V-FACE™ simply changes the game for filtration…
By incorporating low pressure drop, high efficiency (up to MERV 15) 4″ deep filters into a new, innovative housing; the face velocity is cut in half and the savings are remarkable.
Both the housing AND the filter have changed. The V-FACE™ utilizes a front-loaded frame so that two (2) 4″ deep filters can be slid into a v-shape opening and sealed. As a result, the face velocity across a typical 24″x24″ opening has now been cut approximately in half. Our new MERV 14/14A minipleat filters have an initial pressure drop of 0.21″ w.g. at 500 FPM. Now, do the math.
The result is an overall life cycle operating cost that sets a dramatically new industry standard.
Lower Energy, Maintenance, Landfill, AND Life Cycle Costs
- With a design velocity of 500 FPM and a filter pressure drop of .12” clean at 250 FPM, energy savings can be significant.
- Expected filter replacements are now every six months to a year in average applications… which saves maintenance and landfill costs.
- Lower Pressure Drops + Fewer Changes = Lower Life Cycle Costs & More Sustainability
Cleaner Coils and Components
- In the traditional 25-30% prefilter arrangement, greater than 60% of the dirt is allowed to migrate downstream fouling the cooling coil and unit components.
- By installing a V-FACE™ with MERV 14 (4″ deep, 90-95%) filters upstream of unit components:
- Cooling coils stay cleaner, maintain their efficiency, and the coil life is optimized.
- Electrical components, fans, motors, ductwork, discharge grilles, drain pans and lines stay cleaner improving performance and reducing maintenance.
Smaller Unit Sizes & Fan Motors
- Secondary high efficiency filter sections can be eliminated saving a complete filter bank, filters and unit/plenum costs.
- With a smaller final pressure drop allowance, fans and motors can be smaller saving initial capital costs.
- Increasing the face velocity above 500 FPM can reduce cost per CFM.
Available LEED Credits
- For minimum efficiency filters and reduced energy.
Ideal for Retrofits
- Now a high efficiency filter option for velocities up to 750+ FPM.
- Potential energy savings with reduction in total static pressure of as much as 1.00” or more.
Designed for Ease of Maintainability
- Extended filter life reduces downtime and number of complete changes.
- V-FACE™ filters can achieve MERV 14 ratings in a 4″ deep filter reducing the quantity and weight of cartons.
- Simple mounting arrangement saves overall replacement time.
- Higher efficiency prefilters eliminate the need for frequent cleaning of coils, drain pans and drain lines.
Net Zero V-FACE™
The significant energy saving potential with the V-FACE™ filter holding frame is quite obvious with the significant reduction in pressure drop. But totally independent of these considerable operating savings, V-FACE™ can pay for itself on new equipment before it even hits the job site. The following is a list of the possibilities of how this can happen:
- The significant reduction in pressure drop means smaller fan sizes and supports at a lower cost.
- The significant reduction in pressure drop allows for smaller motors at additional reduced cost.
- The decrease in motor sizes will affect electrical components including: wire sizes, contacts, starters, unit power supply, etc.
- In final filter applications, by installing the low pressure drop finals in the prefilter position, the final filter rack can be eliminated.
- The elimination of the filter rack will save filter frame cost and labor for installation.
- One or two sets of prefilters would not be required.
- The final filter section can be removed, saving a costly 3 to 6 feet on the total unit length.